Who is the course for
This course is designed for those interested in the analysis of fluid motion. Basic knowledge of the ANSYS interface is beneficial but not required. Prior knowledge of fluid mechanics and general FE modelling is particularly useful.
Each course topic is followed by hands on workshops and exercises.
- To analyse 2-D and 3-D flows to evaluate velocity and pressure distributions.
- To calculate heat transfer coefficients and transfer them to an ANSYS/Thermal model.
- To calculate fluid pressures and transfer them to an ANSYS/Structural model.
- Overview of ANSYS interface
- 3D geometry meshing
- Mesh Refinement and Controls
- Boundary Layer set up
- Boundary Conditions
- CFX Expression Language
- Multi Domain Interfacing
- Transient/Steady State analysis
- Convergence Tools
- Coupled Physics Analysis
- Multi Phase Analysis
- Radiation analysis
- Solver Control
- Editing in-progress runs
- Post processing analysis tools
Mechanical Linear & Nonlinear Dynamics
Jun 11th - 12th, 2013
Introduction to ANSYS Mechanical APDL - Part I
Jun 24th - 25th, 2013
Civil & Environmental Engineering Seminar
Nov 21st, 2013