Who is the course for
This course is for engineers who wish to learn how to use ANSYS Workbench effectively and efficiently and have a basic understanding of structures and how they respond to mechanical and thermal loads.
Each course topic is followed by hands on workshops and exercises.
- To provide students with the ability to operate ANSYS Workbench Simulation and give a basic understanding of simulation concepts and results interpretation.
- To use Workbench Mechanical to understand the characteristic behaviour of a structure.
- To use Workbench Mechanical to optimise the design of a structure.
- To create a comprehensive report to distribute to customers and colleagues.
- To carry out procedures for streamlining FEA simulations through the use of more advanced tools and techniques.
- Provide useful precursory information for more advanced ANSYS Mechanical training courses.
- Mechanical Basics
- General Preprocessing
- Meshing in Mechanical
- Static Structural Analysis
- Vibration Analysis
- Thermal Analysis
- Linear Buckling Analysis
- Results and Postprocessing
- CAD & Parameters
- Advanced Named Selections
- Remote Boundary Conditions
- Joints, Beams and Springs
- Virtual Topology
- Rigid Bodies
- Constraint Equations
- Multistep Analysis
- Contact and Mesh Connections
Recommended Follow-on Courses
ANSYS Structural Analysis Essentials
May 21st - 22nd, 2013
Mechanical Linear & Nonlinear Dynamics
Jun 11th - 12th, 2013
Civil & Environmental Engineering Seminar
Nov 21st, 2013