Who is the course for
This course is for engineers who wish to use ANSYS Workbench Mechanical to solve dynamic problems and who have already attended the ANSYS Workbench Mechanical Introduction course. It is intended for novice and experienced users. Each course topic is followed by hands-on workshops and exercises.
A technical education and background is recommended but an engineering degree is not required.
- To be able to study the dynamic behaviour of structures.
- To be able to select which dynamic analyses are appropriate for the results that are required.
- To be able to perform a modal analysis to determine the characteristic frequencies and mode shapes of structures.
- To be able to perform harmonic and transient analyses to calculate the structural response to loads that vary with frequency and/or time.
- To be able to perform a Response Spectrum analysis for responses to, for example, seismic excitations.
- To be able to perform a Random Vibration analysis for responses to, for example, transportation excitations.
- To become familiar with the use of idealised springs and joints.
- To become familiar with the range of damping options available for the various dynamic solutions.
- Linear Perturbation
Recommended Follow-On Courses
ANSYS Mechanical Introduction
Dec 2nd - 3rd, 2014
ANSYS DesignModeler Introduction
Dec 8th, 2014
Civil & Environmental Engineering Seminar
Nov 26th, 2014